Sunday 10 August 2014

ME/CFS charity donations

Last New Year I set myself the target of trying to raise some money towards one of the very worthy ME charities.  I didn't manage it last year, but I am happy to say that today I have sent £274 to Invest in ME's Rituximab trial research project and $452 to Dr Ian Lipkins Microbiome research project.
This money came from  a Charity Curry Night which raised £548 and it feels really good to be able to send this money off to these really important pieces of research.  I hope to be able to do more later in the year.   The Rituximab trial has now reached it's initial target for the early stages of the project to begin.  Dr Lipkin's still has a very long way to go.  They are trying to raise $1,000,000 and have just passed the $100,000 mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment