Sunday 10 January 2016

ME CFIDS CFS sleep and recumbent cycling

On the second of January I tried to start the building up of my calf muscles as mentioned in my previous post.  The recumbent exercise bike that has been sat unused in the spare room for the past seven months was the method of choice for achieving this.  I did 5 minutes on the bike with no resistance set.  The first two minutes were really hard, but then it eased a little.  I watched my heart rate monitor and the highest it got was 109 bpm and only for a short time, but when I got off the bike my legs were trembling and my body felt delicate and shaky.  This meant of course that I was good for nothing for the rest of the day.  Infact it took me five days to recover from my five minutes on the bike.  Today I am going to do 15 seconds on the bike and build it up in 15 second blocks.  Let's see how that goes.
The other thing the incident on the bike did was upset my sleep pattern.  Normal for me is waking for two toilet trips at about 1.30am and 4.30 am, after the cycling I found myself lying awake in bed for a couple of hours between two and four am.  I am pleased to say that this seems to have corrected itself, and last night I slept for seven hours straight (9.30am to 4.30am) WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment