Friday, 17 August 2012

Cranial osteopathy calms my system

So, yesterday evening my bubble burst.  My heart rate went up and I couldn't bring it down.  I laid in bed so disappointed and thinking that I'd blown it and I'd have to go back on medication etc etc.  It was still up this morning.  Fortunately I had an appointment booked with Carl my cranial osteopath so I left he house at just gone 7am to make the 50 minute drive.  I haven't seen him for while so filled him in on how things have been.  Within 10 minutes of being on his table I could feel my body calming down.  He was generally pretty pleased with how I was doing, saying that it felt like just a small blip, not a massive relapse.  He likened what he was feeling inside to how someone's body feels when they come off a hairy scary theme park ride.  It's just that My body just doesn't calm down as quickly and easily as most peoples would.
The stomach tightening that I experience when he touches around my left bottom rib is definitely lessening.  I hope this is a sign of something releasing in my system.
He did comment however on how I was holding so much emotional tension around the solar plexus area and encouraged me to meditate on my relationships and in particular the difference between my expectations of my roles in these relationships and the reality.  Wise man.
Sometimes I'm never quite sure how I manage the drive back from these treatments, but I do.  I could feel that Carl had worked his magic and my heart rate had calmed down again before I had finished the journey home.  I spent the rest of the day on the sofa completely wiped out.  That night I slept for 7 hours straight, can't remember the last time I did that, it felt brilliant.
DS1 is really keen on riding his bike at the moment and I find it really hard to say no to something like that, so yesterday I took him to a little off road track near where we live.  It was his first time "off road" and he had a ball zooming through the muddy puddles.  I couldn't say no again when he asked to do a second circuit, but I had to put my foot down at the request for a third circuit.  My legs could do no more.  Just getting the bikes in and out of the car is a real effort for me.  Fortunately ds1 went  off to a three hour party in the afternoon and I took myself off to bed for 2 hours.  The difference these days seems to be that I can do these little bits of exertion now and although they take their toll and I have to rest and my body feels internally agitated, I don't seem to get that horrible feeling of malaise and illness that I used to.  This is a definite change since starting the Perrin Technique.
I have spoken to Dr Myhills office about having my mitochondrial function retested as it has been a year since I started my supplementation program and I would be keen to see how my results would look now.  I think I will organise it soon.

No comments:

Post a comment