Thursday 12 December 2013

Ignore me, i'll get over it.

It's been almost a month since my previous post.  That's not because there hasn't been anything happening, but more because I'm just not quite sure what to say.  Things are still very up and down and probably more down than up at the moment.  I just don't know what to think.
I've had various appointments in that month and felt varyingly better for a short while afterwards, but generally things are a little upside down.
I've spoken to my gastro doctor about the things on my blood tests that DR Myhill thinks were significant and he just wants me to have them repeated before I see him next to see if the particular readings are still high.
I've had an almost constant cold sore either on my mouth or in my nose and my fair share of mouth ulcers.  It just adds to that general run down feeling.
I've also been told this month that I have posterior blephoritis, the meibomiam glands on my eyelids aren't working properly.  I guess having sore eyes hasn't helped my general feeling of wellbeing.  I have started treating it and it is improving.  
I've cancelled the blood test I was due to have to reanalyse my mitochondrial status, I don't really want to know.  The original idea was to give myself a boost by seeing how much I had improved since first being tested three years ago - it's going to have to wait.
I've also been having lots of hot flushes and have only had two proper periods this year (and two very feeble attempts!), which makes me think there is definitely something hormonal going on.  I am peri-menopausal and I think this is effecting my ME symptoms.  With this in mind I have an appointment with my GP next week to ask if he will refer me to see Dr Annice Mukherjee a consultant endocrinologist in Salford Hospital who has a special interest in ME and hormones. She was the guest speaker at the Perrin conference recently.  It's a long way to travel, but I just want to see someone who I feel  knows more about my condition than I do! 

The above probably sounds pretty down beat and moany, but I need to document how I am right now as it's easy to forget.   It's all just a huge inconvenience that's getting to me a bit at the moment, but hopefully in 3 months time I'll be able to read back and see how much things have improved and take some pleasure from that - I feel unsure about typing that even as I put it, I'm not sure I believe it, which just goes to further illustrate my current state of mind.

Ahead of me  - a rush of activity for the Christmas period, most days with something to do or somewhere to go.  It's going to take careful management.


No comments:

Post a Comment