Friday 30 May 2014

Rebuilding again

If you had spoken to me in the middle of last week and asked how I was doing, I would have said, and indeed did say to several people that i was doing ok, infact i was on the way back up again.  I felt I had turned a corner and was feeling much stronger than I had done for a while.  So, why is it that here I am on Monday having had another weekend of very low energy levels?  Friday wasn't good and I spent most of Saturday in bed so that I might have enough energy to go out with friends in the evening.  I did go out, but didn't  really feel I contributed very much to the evening.
Here I am again on Friday, probably had the worst week I've had for a very long time.  There is a sort of explanation, I've been taking laxatives for the last week and a half and the process seems to have zapped any energy I might have had.  I have been sooooo fatigued this week.  My everyday chores have been beyond me.  The thought of taking a shower this morning was exhausting, but I knew I really had to do it today as I'd already avoided it for a couple of days.  I feel like I've been thrown back a couple of years.  So I have decided not to take the laxatives from today and try and build myself back up again.  I felt I was doing so well at the start of last week before all this happened.
It's another day doing as little as possible in the hope I will have enough energy to go to a BBQ we have been invited to tonight.  I will get there if I can - meeting up with friends is good therapy!
Today the Invest in ME research conference is happening in London.  Researchers from 9 different countries converging to discuss the latest advances.  I look forward to purchasing the DVD of the event to see what's been going on and what is planned.www.investinme.org

No comments:

Post a Comment