Friday 1 June 2012

Perrin technique and what a difference

What a difference a day makes.  A quick entry as it is late and I need to go to bed, but I want to jot down how I've been feeling before I forget.  Yesterday I was so high and so I was when I got up this morning.  I felt good and decided to have a sauna.  It was weird, normally I lie in my sauna bag for a good 25 minutes and during the last 5 minutes have a horrible feeling of clamminess and desperate need to sweat before it actually happens.  Today was a little different.  I got hot, but then I had a strange feeling of coolness again and then I got hot and then coolness again.  At first I began to wonder if the sauna was working properly, but then the thought occurred to me that my body might be trying (and succeeding to some extent) to cool itself.  Was my body trying to regulate itself perhaps?  I don't know if that was what was happening, it's what it felt like and that would indeed be a good thing.  Retrospectively though, it probably wasn't a good idea to sauna on a day I'm going for a Perrin treatment, I don't think I'll do that again.
Ant dropped me in the car to my appointment.  I was still feeling great and my physio could tell I was feeling good.  Each time I've gone (this was my fourth visit - third proper treatment) it has got a little more intensive and today she did an awful lot and worked for quite some time on the thoracic area of my spine, trying to mobilise it.  It all felt like one of those likable discomforts, it didn't feel very comfortable, but I wanted her to do it.  Anyway, I think my body went through it a bit on her table today.   I felt a little light headed walking home.  I iced the top of my spine when I got back and after about half an hour of being home fatigue set in, I felt sick and had a headache.  I sat and watched a Star Wars film with DS, forced down some lunch and by 2pm I had to go to bed.  What a drastic change from how I had left the house earlier in the morning.  I slept for an hour and a half and then meditated and just led there for another hour and a half.  I got up at 5pm feeling somewhat better.  It made me think that maybe morning appointments  aren't a good idea as they might wipe out the rest of the day.  So, at least today I do feel that the treatment has had some effect on my body.  Think I might be a bit achy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment