Tuesday 12 July 2011

An introduction

Hello and welcome to my new blog, the purpose of which is to describe my own personal journey in search of recovery from ME/CFS. 
I'm sat here at the keyboard sipping on my lunchtime mix of mineral supplements,  so as you can see I have already started on this journey, but I am in the very early stages and still have alot to learn.
At the moment a large part of my world seems to revolve around what is happening inside my body and I am concerned about becoming a "health bore" in the eyes of my friends.  With this blog I can pen my activities and thoughts so that I feel I have "voiced" them and anyone who's interested can take a look.
So, a little about myself.  I'm 44 years old and have always been really active and sporty, a successful athelete and team player at school, a county badminton player, a blackbelt in Karate, 5 a-side football player, athletics coach, you name it I have probably had a go at it.  Work was always pretty full on too.  I worked in sales, first repping then into management always charging around trying to hit targets.  It was not unusual to drive for two hours to do a full days work and then come home.
I left work when starting a family and now have 3 children.  Since their arrival I have always worked for myself in the area of adult education.  In 2005 we took the decision to Home Educate the children, they are now 14, 12 and 5 years old.
Hopefully, that's enough personal info to be going on with, now... let's get on with this recovery...

No comments:

Post a Comment