Tuesday 29 November 2011

More good steps forward

On Friday the relapse finally came.  I had been expecting it, I have been rushing around like mad for about two weeks really.  Not physical exercise, but more driving and rushing from here to there along with quite a bit of mental stress too, tied in with buying houses and trying to get solar panels on the roof before the governments Feed in Tariff changes in December.  By Friday afternoon I knew I was coming to the end of my energy, but I was due to go out to a friends house for a small get together in the evening and foolishly that's what I did (when will I learn?).  That finished the energy levels off of course and by Saturday morning I was really fatigued.  It's the weirdest thing, at times like this my thighs which have always been so strong just feel so weak and jelly like .  I was due to go out for a meal with friends on Saturday evening and  rested all day in the hope that enough energy would return for me to do so, but it didn't.
Fortunately Ant knows that I am good for nothing when my body is like that and he springs into action taking over all those things I would normally do.  He ran the children around to their different musical and sporting events all day and made all our meals and put little one to bed for me.  He must have been shattered.
Two big positives came out of this episode though.  Firstly, whilst I was fatigued on Saturday I did not have the horrible feeling of "malaise" or illness that normally accompanies such fatigue which was good.  Secondly, I recovered very quickly, by Sunday I was feeling much better, normally this would take 3 or 4 days.  These I am taking to be more signs that my recovery is moving in the right direction : )

No comments:

Post a Comment