Friday 18 May 2012

Perrin Technique and sleep

I've been awake since 4.50am this morning.  The Perrin treatment is definitely affecting my sleep.  I am waking 3 or 4 times every night and waking very early.  The good thing is that when I wake at night I am falling back to sleep quickly and not lying awake for hours as I used to.  This morning I used the time to do a 40 minute meditation to set me up for the day.  I was very tetchy yesterday with everyone.  I am not a tetchy person by nature so I can always use it as a good sign that my body is fatigued.  Everyone is used to it and I hope take no notice of me when I'm like that.  The current bout is a knock on from a trip I took on Wednesday when I drove for one and a quarter hours to one of our local universities with my daughter and some friends.  When we got there the department we were visiting was on the sixth floor.  I had no knowledge of this when we followed the lecturer up the stairs from the second floor.  Four floors later my body is letting me know exactly what it thinks about stairs.  I don't know why I cant do stairs, I think it is something to do with the Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, but I don't know why stairs should effect me so much more than just standing or walking.  Anyway I forgot about it, it was exciting to see the kids in this environment.  I left them there and went back downstairs. Later that morning I went on a tour of the university department and found myself traipsing up the four flights of stairs again.  Foolishly I didn't do anything about it, because I didn't know where we were going I just followed the crowd.  After this my heart rate was right up and stayed there for several hours.  I did nothing for the afternoon and then drove home which I managed pretty well, but once back I was good for nothing.  Ant came in after I'd been sat for about an hour and took my boots off for me, it was just too much effort to do it myself.
The interesting thing about how my body reacted at the university is that normally after that sort of level of activity I would have a horrible feeling of malaise and just feel rotten, but although my heart rate was right up for several hours the horrible feeling of malaise did not come with it.  Could this be due to the Perrin Technique?  I don't know, but it's the only thing that is different in my routine at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment