Friday 11 May 2012

Perrin technique first treatment

Today has been a good day.  I had my first proper Perrin technique treatment this morning.  It went well, I didn't burst into tears the minute I sat down like my previous visit, so that was a good start. 
The treatment took about 50 minutes and consisted of some massage, some sacro-cranial work and some manipulation of the thoracic area of my spine.  We talked through how my self treatment had been going and what responses I'd had to the self treatment.  Raymond Perrin has devised a chart which gives some idea of the length of treatment that might be required on average.  This is based on a score you are given after the first diagnostic appointment.  So, my score is 6 - which is pretty good.  1 is extreme symptoms and completely bed ridden and 10 is normal.  So I'm heading up towards the top of that chart.  Anyway Perrin's chart says if you score 6 the prognosis for length of treatment is 8 to 12 months.  That sounds good to me.  Obviously it doesn't always work for everyone and there are often other factors  that will effect this, but I'm going to follow the treatment to the book and hope everything else is in place.
By the end of today's treatment I was given more exercises to do and increase the number of times I'm doing them through the day, so now I have to do the self treatment 4 times a day.  My Perrin practitioner commented on my cranial pulse in a way that makes me think I could probably do with an appointment with my cranial osteopath who I haven't seen for a while, so I need to organise that.
This evening my back is aching which I guess is only to be expected.  Fatigue set in at around 6pm, but not too bad and I have recovered a little now.
I am going to go to bed and read my new book on mindfulness.
Interested to see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment