Monday 16 April 2012

Sometimes you just have to do it

Woke up yesterday morning knowing that in spoons theory terminology I probably only had one spoon for the day.  It was hard getting out of bed.  Having missed last weekends walk down to the village with Ant in favour of a FIR sauna, this time I really wanted to go and spend the time with him.  I justified it by saying it would be the only thing I did that day. It was raining so we put on our wellies, dressed appropriately and set off.  I knew even as I was leaving that it was the wrong thing to do, but I really wanted to go.  We had a lovely time sploshing through the puddles down to the shops to pick up a few little things and then back again.  I had very little energy and did nothing else for the rest of the day.  I guess the good thing is that I know exactly what caused this little blip.  On Thursday I was feeling good and walked with my little one down to the library and because I was feeling good we took a few detours - a friends house (not in), my mums house (not in), back to the shops and then to the park - before walking back home again...Foolish!
The difficulty is that if you're feeling really good then when you do these things you don't necessarily get an instant fatigue effect (sometimes you do).  I have read several articles about the classic "delayed fatigue" associated with CFS, but still don't really understand it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment