Sunday 1 April 2012

Another sluggish weekend.  By 2pm on Friday afternoon I needed to go to bed, but didn't actually make it there until about 6pm when I slept for an hour and then got up and ready to go out for a dinner party we had been invited to.  The dinner was fun, but by 11.40pm I just knew we had to leave or I would regret it the next day.  It was a struggle to get up on Saturday morning, but I took it easy in the morning and we all went out for tea and a sticky bun and to return some books to the library.  When we got back home I went straight to bed really weak and exhausted and I stayed there until about 4pm when my youngest came into the bedroom and commented that "you sleep more than me mummy"  It was just an innocent comment on his part, but in my head it was "my mum is not very active and never has any energy" so I got up and went downstairs to join in with the others. 
Then later that evening, as quickly as it had left me, my energy returned and I picked up.
I downloaded a new ipod app this weekend it has been developed by the Chronic fatigue service at the Royal Hospital for Rhuematic Diseases in Bath where I saw Dr Grey and a northern CFS service.  It's called Active ME and is designed as a visual representation of activity levels.  You input the intensity of your activity levels throughout the day and it produces a colour coded report that helps you to see very quickly if you need to adjust activity levels.  I guess it's a pacing tool really.  I'm going to try it out for a while.
Still haven't e-mailed my Mickel therapist.  I am delaying, but know it really needs to be done.
I am really looking forward to the fact that Ant has two four day weeks coming up.  Things should also be a little easier as most of the kids regular activities have stopped for the Easter holidays, this means not so much running around in the car for me.
Haven't been up to a FIR sauna for the last few weeks so little behind on that schedule, but hoping to get back to it later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment