Tuesday 17 June 2014

Using the Fitbit with ME

Got my  official weekly FITBIT stats by email this morning and this weeks figure is: 52,190 steps, that's an average of 7,456 steps a day.  Interestingly my highest day of the week was Thursday, before I went away to the beach.  I did 9,680 that day.  To put those figures into context, an average week for me is around 35,000 steps and the recommended number of steps that a healthy person should aim for is 10,000 steps a day.  I am pleased and in some state of disbelief.  I feel I am subconsciously waiting for the crash now, but I am trying to put that out of mind and retain a positive but sensible attitude.
The Fitbit is great for monitoring this sort of activity, I knew I was doing well, but I am the sort of person who likes facts and figures and the Fitbit provides these well.  I am going to start focusing on another aspect of the fitbits information a bit more now and that is the breakdown of how many minutes I spend sedintary, lightly active, fairly active or very active - it would be great to see some movement in those figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment