Monday 29 August 2011

It's been over a week since I last posted.  After feeling weak on Sunday it took me Monday to recover and I felt much better by Tuesday.  On Wednesday I had a follow up with my Mickel therapist which was probably quite timely to try and keep me back on track after my wobble at the weekend, the rest of the week was good. 
Yesterday we went to the forest for a walk.  I walked a mile and a half, but my legs felt tired and weak. I don't know now whether what I'm feeling is fatigue or whether it is deconditioning because my body hasn't done anything physical for the last two years (my thighs are so much smaller than they used to be).  This situation is creating a bit of a crisis of faith in the Mickel therapy.  It goes against all the traditional pacing advice that I have been given and have followed for the last 6 months and I am very nervous of that.  Ant says I should combine the two and continue with the Mickel stuff but pace myself too.  I can see how this might sound sensible, but actually I feel it would probably mean not doing either properly.  I am going to persevere with the therapy I need to give it a good shot.
One good thing is that I have manged some weeding in the vegetable patch this week which felt really good.  I have missed gardening, it is something I struggled with because of the continual bending, but this week it has been fine.  We have a fine harvest of onions, potatoes and courgettes which have been adorning our plates for a few weeks now.
I'm on the verge of getting my bike out of the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment