Tuesday 9 August 2011

It's three days since my last post and I haven't had any fatigue in those three days which is pretty remarkable when I think about what I've done.
On Sunday we drove to the local forest and I walked a mile, this is further than I have walked probably since about April so quite an achievement.  I was fearful on the way there, fearful of two things
1) pushing the boundries and making myself ill.
2) that the Mickel Therapy wouldn't work
So, I observed my fear using a technique I have been reading about in Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" He says and I quote:
"So when you listen to a thought, you are aware not only of the thought but also of yourself as the witness of the thought.  A new dimension of consciousness has come in.  As you listen to the thought, you feel a conscious presence - your deeper self - behind or underneath the thought, as it were.  The thought then loses it's power over you and quickly subsides, because you are no longer energizing the mind through identification with it."
I have found this useful.  It's a great book.
After the walk in the forest I walked around a few shops in the local town and then drove my daughter to the swimming pool and back.  No symptoms.
I'm trying to restrain myself from the temptation to go mad and do too much too quickly, but I have decided that next week whilst we are on holiday I am going to hire a tandem bicycle for a day for Ant and I.

Yesterday my GP phoned and said that he had spoken to the Gastro doctor about the high amounts of fat in my stool sample.  The Gastro doctor had said that if I wanted I could take pancreatic enzymes as recommended by Dr Myhill but that I would also have to take a type of Anti acid with it, this would go agiainst what Dr Myhill suggests as she thinks I need more acid in my stomach.  I decided not to take the pancreatic enzymes at this stage.  I'm going to stick with my current supplements for the next 4 months and then see where I am.  At least I know I have something else to try in the future if needed.

Today is my 4th day taking slightly reduced amounts of my betablocker.  Yesterday I was very conscious of my heartbeat and thought that it was a little fast in the evening, but today it has been fine.  I'm just going to have to wait and see on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment